Are You Suffering From Seborrheic Dermatitis? Here Are The Signs
If you are suffering from constant flakiness, redness and inflamed patches of skin on your forehead, nose or chin, chances are you may be dealing with something called seborrheic dermatitis or, as its commonly known, facial dandruff.
WHAT ARE THE SIGNS?
- Itchy accompanied with redness
- Skin flakes (dandruff) on your scalp, hair, eyebrows, eyelids, ears, nose, under the breast, chest, armpit or groin area
- Moisturizer just doesn't seem to work on it
- Seborrheic dermatitis often affects the creases of the nose and the mouth
WHAT CAUSES SEBORRHEIC DERMATITIS?
- Lack of sleep
- An impaired immune system
- A yeast (fungus) called malassezia that is in the oil secretion on the skin
- Stress, depression, emotional trauma
- Certain medications
- Low exposure to sunlight ( vitamin d deficiency )How do you treat it?
HOW TO TREAT SEBORRHEIC DERMATITIS?
- Try reducing your stress level. Easier said then done, we know. Since we are advocates for tea, try incorporating ginseng tea into your morning routine instead of coffee.
- Try taking zinc supplement or vitamin D to help boost your immune system.
- Use natural, organic products on your skin to avoid irritation or drying it out.
- Most beauty products contain chemicals that are drying or harmful. Look for those made without ingredients like parabens, sodium laureth or lauryl sulfate. Instead, to clean, tone and hydrate the skin without irritation, turn to natural skin care that contain apple cider vinegar, tea tree, witch hazel, shea butter or aloe vera gel.
- Try mixing a mild over the counter hydrocortisone cream into your moisturizer when treating the affected areas.
SHOP THESE RECOMMENDED PRODUCTS